Saturday, December 5, 2009

You should say hi to a stranger

Life comes fast. Don't blink. Might miss it. Sometimes you don't miss shit. Sometimes you have to sit and watch it unfold in super slow motion. One thing that has come out of this whole thing is that I have found a lot of people offer to help. It's nice to know that there are people who care. The support that has been given and offered is amazing. I feel truly blessed to have so many friends who care. I now consider some people friends now instead of just co-workers or acquaintances. You know, I think that is part of the answer to the great question of life. Connecting. Making yourself available to others. Trusting in the good of people. Reserving judgment as much as you can. I used to be against connecting. I would go out of my way to avoid people who could care less if I said hi. There was this one day. This was after I started my transformation into the man I am today. I was on a bus coming home from downtown and the bus was empty aside from me, the driver, and a guy sitting way in the back. On walks this guy. Of all the seats on the bus he decides to sit in the seat right next to me. I start to get all frustrated. Thinking "what the eff is this guy doin?" but before I get to upset I turn to him and say hi. Because I chose to engage in a conversation with a stranger I met someone who was very nice. That's what this world needs more of. Conversations with strangers. It doesn't take much just a hello can change someone's day. We try so hard to shut ourselves off from others. Some of us alienate people by trying too hard to fit in. There is a group of people who try to gain acceptance by buy the latest, greatest iPod to become part of a group. Next thing you know they are plugging ear buds into their ears and cutting off the people they were trying to clique with. Well I guess that is enough rambling for tonight. 'Nite Y'all.


 


 

"When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another - and ourselves". 

Jack Kornfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts