Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fortitude

Sorry about yesterday but when the day ended I had zero energy. Had a long couple days. Yesterday I got up at 6:30 am so I could head down and see my son. Let the wife and daughter sleep in. had fun just talking and reading to him. He is doing so good. Getting stronger. It is hard to see him with all the tubes and wires but I know he is in good hands. Later that morning went to see my daughter's Christmas performance. It was very cute. We had a lot of funny. More importantly she had a lot of fun. After the show we went home for awhile. Then we were off to a Christmas party that the hospital put together for the families of all the little ones in the NICU. It was great. We are so lucky to have so many doctors and nurses that care so much. Or son's doctor even dressed up as Santa for the Kids. Then I was off to work where I had a long night.

Today I woke up too early for having gone to bed so late. Had to help the little sister move. That kicked my ass so bad. And I had to work after. That kicked my ass so bad that I am icing my knees right now. My knees also hurt because I fell out of the moving van. I missed a side step and kind of tumbled out. I also mis-stepped and fell of the mechanical lift. When that happened I twisted one knee and an ankle and landed on my other. knee. All of that made for a pleasant evening at work. Which I get to do again in the morning but I will also have sore muscles and back pain. My sister and her girlfriend are lucky I love them or else I would have just told them to go Eff themselves. Which I almost did a few times. I get kind of cranky when I'm tired and in pain. Sorry girls if I was kind of an A-hole today. Love you ;-)

Lastly ii just want to say again how lucky I am to have my wife in my life. I am looking forward to growing old with her. I want to be that old couple that everyone says is so cute. She's great. 'Nite Y'all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts