Friday, December 25, 2009

Remembering to Breathe

All day I have felt like I didn't have enough time. It is X-Mas day and I am currently at the wife's family party/dinner. There are few places/occasions where I feel comfortable around a lot of people. By "a lot" I mean more than 6. There was a point just a while ago that I just started feeling real uncomfortable. It just started getting really loud and people were talking to me and at me and I just started feeling way overwhelmed. So tonight I am gonna try to chronicle this event.
4:51pm- just got done trying to make/save the gravy. I started projecting a conversation. It won't happen but I keep envisioning myself cussing someone out and storming out of the house.
5:37pm- well the last half hour went great. Everyone was eating and now everyone is full so it's not as hectic. Food was good. Just heard someone say "you need to learn to be disappointed early in life." I think it is stuff like that that starts to annoy me a little. I think you should tell kids to shoot for the stars and if they don't succeed you help them deal with the disappointment then help them to try again.
6:16pm- just had a very uneventful "white elephant" gift exchange. It was boring. But I got a sandwich maker so.......Score! Now getting ready to play board games. Let's hope it doesn't end up being "bored" games.
5:47pm- Screaming little girl. Her dad smacked her in the face with a koosh ball. She goes ballistic and dad tries to comfort her and she goes full tilt boogie kicking and screaming. Chaos.
7:37pm- played Guesstures. It was actually pretty fun. After the game everyone started packing up to go home. Then out of nowhere every child started screaming and it made me kinda freak out. But now it's over and we are headed home. This year went better than last year but thinking of next year still fills me with anxiety. 'Nite Y'all.




"All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope."

Alexandre Dumas Père

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts