Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Public Practice

Walk the talk. That is something I have just started to learn. It is so easy to be a good person in groups of people that are trying to be better people, but what about when we are out with the rest of the world? It is funny how people ask me for advice. I think to my self that they must not know who I am. I am the man who stays out all night without calling, the man who sleeps in parks, the man who makes the shittiest decisions. Then I realize that I am not that man anymore. It is amazing how far treating everyone like you want to be treated wil get you. It all starts with being of service. When I make myself available to others great things happen.


 

"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more 'manhood' to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind."

Alex Karras

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts