Sunday, December 13, 2009

All about love for a child

Sitting here telling my daughter all about her baby brother. She's pretty ambivalent about it all. Not sure if she really knows what's going on. It's not real for her yet. The pictures we show her could be of anyone. Oh well.

Well my son is doing great. He is almost doing everything by himself. Which is good, seeing as it has been less than 48 hours. Wifey got to change his diaper tonight. She was pretty excited about that. Maybe I will get to tomorrow.

I've been thinking a lot about my childhood. I had an interesting childhood. I was born here in Albuquerque to a mother who is sick and a father who had his own issues. My mother isn't ill, per se, just has issues. I have early memories that are fantastic. Christmas growing up was always great. Toys, a tree, and handmade ornaments my mother had made before I was born, and the best part of every Christmas was listening to "The Jackson Five Christmas" album. When I say album I mean just that. A 12 inch black vinyl disk with groves in it that played music. Whenever I try to think of good memories from childhood these are usually the ones that come up. Times didn't get really bad until my parents got divorced. Everything started to collapse after that. There was a lot of angst and resentments back then. I had a bit of the clichéd "parents split because of me" type thoughts. After that, though, my father was great. He really took the time to make sure we knew that he and or mom loved us and it wasn't our fault. Our mom on the other hand became very withdrawn. In our moms house we saw a lot of things we probably shouldn't have. In a lot of way I feel like I had to grow up faster than I should have. Here I go with the "coulda, woulda, shouldas". The important thing I am trying to say here is that every day of my life I am going to show my wife, my daughter and my son how much I love them and how important they are to me.


Sorry that was so scattered. 'Nite Y'all.


"What about taking this empty cup and filling it up with a little bit more of innocence.

I haven't had enough. it's probably because when you're young it's ok to be easily ignored.

I'd like to believe it was all about love for a child"

Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts