Friday, December 4, 2009

Po’ umm

Today was another rollercoaster day. Wife was supposed to get out of the hospital today, but there was a little bleeding so now she is here until Monday with the possibility of having to stay until the baby comes. Just imagine having to stay in a hospital for 4 weeks. We will make the best of it if it comes to that. Went to a Black Student Union open mic/meeting tonight. Not a whole lot of people showed up but it was nice to connect with some people and release some of my tension. I really enjoy sharing my poetry. It allows me to be open and honest and vulnerable. I have all ways loved to write. Writing is where there is no judgment. Just me a pen and some paper and I can do anything I want. Its just like reading but I control the character. It is the one place that everything happens the way it should. Well as you can tell I was kinda reaching for some thing to write tonight. Sorry if I bored you. 'Nite Y'all.


 

A poet's autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote. 
Yevgeny Yevtushenko 

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts