Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Punk Butt

So my daughter has this unwritten rule, I think, that whenever either my wife or myself are not at home for the night she gets to sleep in our bed. There is usually no discussion about this. When it's time for bed and a parent is absent the bed becomes half hers. I use the word half figuratively, because see takes up more room then the morbidly obese people on those health channel shows. You would be amazed at how much room a skinny little four year old can takes up. With all the stuff that is going on right now with our family I am astounded by her level of compassion. Today has been a hard day for me, granted my wife is dealing with the majority of it, but today I had my breakdown. All at once I got really scared. Overwhelmingly scared. I was scared of not knowing. I didn't try to project into the future and wasn't thinking negative thoughts. I just couldn't stand NOT KNOWING. Well, when my daughter got home she was being very sweet. Hugged me a few times for no reason, turn her head half way to look at me and give me this little smile. She is really gonna be a wonderful big sister and before I know it, an amazing woman.


 

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." 

John W. Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts