Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I <3 20%

So tonight I am trying to figure out what makes people so mean. I understand that most of us go to a sit down restaurant to be waited on, that why I do. But some people treat us servers like servants. How hard is it to say please and thank you? My daughter is 4 and she remembers most of the time. Sometimes I think people leave their brains in their car before they go into a restaurant. I don't know how many times I run through the fresh fish menu and preparations and the second I finish people are asking me hoe we prepare the fish. I mean, come on. How hard is it to pay attention to the person you are looking at?

Ok done venting. It does surprise me how inconsiderate people can be and how angry servers can get. Sometimes you would think that someone just kicked their dog. I try to put everything in perspective but some people just don't want to hear it. I can understand how frustrating it can be to get a $5 tip on a $100 tab but if you hang on to that anger you are just gonna carry it with you to the next table. I was actually told I was "too nice" nut it was said like you would tell someone they were an asshole. Oh well all I can do is "pause when agitated" and "do the next right thing". 'Nite Y'all


 

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

Bill Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts