Thursday, November 26, 2009

Grati-thanx-itude

Today is a great day. In recent months I have learned to be gratefull and give thanks everyday, but there is something about this day. Maybe it is knowing that most of the people in this country are thinking about what they take for granted all year long. Maybe everyone is hyper-sensitive about togetherness and family. Not really sure but I love it. So what am I thankful for? First I am thankful that I woke up this morning to The love of my life who is carrying the little brother of the most special little girl in the world. I am thankful that I have established an amazing relationship with my kid sister. I am thankful that my little brother and baby sister are happy and healthy. I am thankful to have a great connection to my extended family of in-laws. I am thankful for my fellowship family, who I know are there for me everday day of the year if I need them. I am thankful that I pulled myself through shame and wreckage to the place where I am today. I have friends, family, love, support, encouragement. And I have my life, which sometimes I feel I don't deserve but love with all my heart.


"We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving'. . ."

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts