Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude

So I found out tonight about a person that died last week from H1N1. The main reason he died was because he was an Alcoholic with H1N1. The excessive drinking caused so much damage to his internal organs that his body couldn't produce the white blood cells to fight the virus. I am not sure how many know this but I had a pretty hard battle with alcohol, and sometimes I am still fighting it. I had told my wife "good thing I stopped when I did". That thought made me think about how truly lucky I am to have stopped when I did. My life is so full today. I have an amazing relationship with my family. I finally have real friends not just drinking buddies. I have a life now that I am proud of. Maybe some other day I'll tell you my whole story. 'Nite Y'all.


 

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."

Denis Waitley

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts