Tuesday, January 26, 2010

People Are Just People

I used to idolize my father. I used to tell people that my father was God. Which gave me somewhat of a Jesus complex. I did not think I was God, just the son of. I used to put so much stock into what he said and how he acted. I was determined to follow in his footsteps in many ways. After he passed, I put all of my faith into myself. I figured I was all I need to set my life straight. One thing I had to learn the hard way is that putting your faith into people is a bad idea. Don't get me wrong. By all means you should have faith in people just don't put faith into them. The reason being – People Are Fallible. We make mistakes. If you must believe in something to guide your life, which would you choose- the one who made the roads or the one who drew the map. It doesn't necessarily have to be God or Allah or Yahweh or Krishna just believe in Good or mother nature or just doing the right thing. 'Night Y'all

  

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Buddha quotes 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post.
    The distinction between Have and Put is so poignant! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

would love to hear your thoughts