Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BIG hands, little hands

So I am sitting here thing about how people say that our time here is short. Life does happen rather quickly. Seems like yesterday that my daughter was born and here it is four years later and I have a son. When I look over my life I can remember times that flew by and others that dragged on. I watch my daughter play and she has no concept of time. The only thing that matters to her is whatever is going on "right now". I wish I could really grasp the perception of time. Now I go to the other end of the spectrum and I wonder how my Grandmother viewed time, especially at the end. When she died a few weeks ago, she was 96. That is almost three times my age. It seems as if that is the only constant in all of our lives. Whether we want to be or not, we are all slaves to time. 'Nite Y'all.


 

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once. 

~John Archibald Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts