Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just like puzzle pieces

For so long I have tried to "fit" into things, situations, and other people's lives. I tried doing many different things to accomplish this. I have tried drinking, drugging, lying, giving stuff away, flattery, fighting, buying stuff…but none of it worked. What I finally did was stop trying. When I stopped trying so hard things start working out and It was easier to piece together the edges of the puzzle. Then, I started looking at my flaws and myself and before I knew it, I was half way done. Slowly I have been fitting in more of the pieces, like the ones I thought I lost of my wife, and daughter. Now with the birth of my son the picture is almost complete. It feels so good to finally belong. To be a part of something that I am helping put together. Cannot help but wonder what my kid's pictures will look like. 'Nite Y'all.


 

By building relations, we create a source of love and personal pride and belonging

That makes living in a chaotic world easier. 
Susan Lieberman 

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts