Sunday, January 17, 2010

I’m The Magnificent

"I'm the magnificent with a sensational style. And I can go on and on for like a mile a minute. 'Cause I get in it like a car and drive, and if the record is a smash I can still survive." I used to sing that repeatedly whenever I was feeling cocky. I can see my wife rolling her eyes at me in my head. I used to get cocky a lot. I did not THINK I was God's gift to the world, I WAS. I was a person that could do no wrong. I knew more than you knew. I was faster/stronger/better looking than everyone. I was as close to perfect as one could be. Except for the fact that I am not very fast. Not very strong. I think I am attractive to some, but you are not gonna see me on the cover of any fashion magazines. Though I might be kinda bright and I know a little about a lot, I am one of the stupidest people I know. Every day I find out more and more what I do not know. However, that is ok. It has taken me awhile to learn one important thing…I AM NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. I also realize, now, that no one is better than I am. Someone might have more experience at something than me, but they are not better. I may have encountered more than another, but I am no better. Sometimes it is hard, but I kinda like being just a man among men. 'Nite Y'all.


 

"If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up."

 Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts