Monday, January 18, 2010

Let the “Son”shine in

So tonight my wife and I are staying in the hospital with the baby. It is kind of weird being in this little 10x10 room that is just barley bigger than a jail cell. We have our own monitor that tracks his heart rate and oxygen saturation. O-Sat is just making sure his blood is getting enough oxygen. I am waiting for him to start getting cranky. He got a "trim" today. Circumcision is crazy when you think about it. I don't understand how people can get piercings "down there". Thank god he is young enough that he will never have to remember this. I can wait to take him home tomorrow. It has been a long, strange 37 days. It is one of the hardest situations I've had to deal with in a long time. Having a child and not being able to bring him home has been torture. Well that all ends tomorrow. If any of you could put your head on my chest you could hear my heart singing right now. I thought I felt complete when I had my daughter, but my son brings a new sense of fullness into my world that I just can't explain. My son. My Son. MY SON! Those words are just great. The only words greater are "MY Daughter and Son" 'Nite Y'all.


 

"One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts