Sunday, January 24, 2010

One Man’s Trash

I was looking out over the world this morning and everything looked beautiful. The trees, the grass, the street all looked amazing covered in snow, but so did the cars and the dumpster. It is weird how we can look at something filled with trash and think to our selves it is beautiful. Appearances are weird like that. Sometimes we only see things in the now. If we go and start removing the snow, we start to see the dirty diapers and discarded chicken bones. There was a time when I would walk around in new clothes with a freshly shaved head and face but if people were to strip me of my outward appearance they would see that I was nothing but trash. I looked good but everything that came out of my mouth was garbage. Hateful words and lies. I was a snow covered refuse pit. Now, although I am far from perfect, I am more like a dirty twenty-dollar bill. I might be dirty but I am worth something. I enjoy working on my inside. I just have to remember that if I am being hatful I am not being grateful. 'Nite Y'all.


 

"For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearance, as though they were realities and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are"

 Niccolo Machiavelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts