Friday, May 7, 2010

Lashes-Eristic

An eristic topic arose today out of a simple facebook post. I posted a status update with the theme song from "The Big Bang Theory" and it triggered a pretty turbulent situation. One friend continued the conversation along the lines of scientific thought and another chimed in with biblical revelations type talk and with comments from both sides of the debate lining me up for my hundred lashes. The beauty about beliefs is it helps direct people in a direction they feel is appropriate. There is no right or wrong answer, although I am sure quite a few might disagree. I have always had my own personal value system. I didn't always follow it but it was there. Now I try to live them. For me what it all boils down to is humility, forgiveness and acceptance. Nite Y'all.


 


 

"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it."

-- Hardy D. Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts