Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chained-Iatrogenic

I have been feeling quite untethered as of late. I remember feeling chained to insanity and selfishness. Now the only thing I feel tied to at all, other than my family, is humility. I have been through so much and come so far. It amazes me how little people really understand about addiction and alcoholism. Even doctors. I was once put in an iatrogenic situation when I hurt my back and the doctor prescribed me muscle relaxers and said it was okay because they were non-narcotic. Alcohol is non-narcotic and it had me fucked up, and I used to take muscle relaxers for fun. All that is over now. I'm not saying I am cured. I am far from it, but now I am aware and in the moment no matter the situation and that is that only way I'll win this battle. Nite Y'all.


 

A loser doesn't know what he'll do if he loses, but talks about what he'll do if he wins, and a winner doesn't talk about what he'll do if he wins, but knows what he'll do if he loses.

Eric Berne

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts