Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Women! Get Up, Stand Up!

I am amazed at how violent people can be. Especially to women. What makes a man want to hurt a woman physically? Last night I heard some yelling while I was reading and when I looked out my window, I saw some guy pinning a girl down in the back of the car and she was screaming. I run downstairs and as I get outside the street side of starts to come out me. I haven't always been the nice guy I am now. I used to be a tough little street kid. That just made me sound like Oliver Twist or one of the kids from Newsies… anyway… I get down stairs and this guy as this girl from behind and is pulling her back and covering her mouth. I yell that he better EFFIN let go of or we were gonna have some issues. He let go, I helped her out of the street, and he took off. I just don't understand it. A few days ago, my wife stopped a different neighbor from beating a different girl. I know you must be thinking that I must live in some shitty area, but I really don't. This problem reaches beyond economic and social boundaries. How do we go about stopping this? I am glad my daughter will never have to deal with this, because she will be very confident and strong willed or because I'll just go buy a gun.


 

"It's not enough for women to speak out on the issue - for the message to be strong and consistent, women's voices must be backed up by men's."
--Rep. John Conyers, Jr., Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts