Thursday, February 25, 2010

Take a look, it’s in a book…..

Reading Rainbow. What a great show. I remember hating that it came on only once a day. I remember going into the school library to read the books I had seen on the show. I read to my daughter tonight. I've been reading to my daughter every night. Right now it is "The Mouse and the Motorcycle." It is wonderful seeing her get so interested in these stories. She gets into them as much as I do. Right now that is the only leisure reading I do. I am so glad she is gaining an appreciation for books. I run into so many people who don't read anything but status updates and text messages. LOLing and IDKing the English language to death. Don't get me wrong, I love technology. I would even call myself a technophile, but I have a great grasp of the English language. Don't judge me on the grammar of my blogs. These are written like I think and talk. You know I don't care if someone spends all there time on line or not, but they should try to take some time to read. You can get free digital copies of books everywhere. You can get tons of classics from google.com/books. I hope reading and writing books doesn't become a lost art form, blogs are great but there is something about losing yourself in a good story. Hope I wasn't all over the place too much tonight. 'Nite Y'all.


 

Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting

Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your thoughts